[Typo3-dev] Extensions using different MySQL databases

Dominic Stockdale dom at 3ev.com
Fri Jan 30 18:28:09 CET 2004

>  mysql_connect (TYPO3_db_host, TYPO3_db_username, TYPO3_db_password);
>  (should return the already existing connection and not open a new
>  one)

Thanks Wolfgang

I hope you're right though. I'm just wondering if there's a way of being
sure that your not just opening another connection. Otherwise an
extension that behaves in this way could really become a pain and you'd
end up with hundreds of connections open and that would spiral out of
control.

I'll have to test this.