[Typo3-dev] Caching image dimensions

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Thu Jan 29 17:58:31 CET 2004

I have just had a look why TYPO3 takes so long to display pages that contain
PDF thumbnails.

The reason is this: Everytime such a page is called, TYPO3 will open the
file to get its dimensions.

Usually, this can be done using PHPs getimagesize() function. But this
function cannot read PDF files and therefore, the function
getImageDimensions in t3lib.class_stdgraphic.php will fire up 'identify'.

I don't see a reason to do this every time in both cases, but since identify
acts so very slow, I think its absolutely required to use some cache table
for image dimensions.

For the moment, I just have one question on that topic:
Did I overlook something? ;-)

Cheers, michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html