[Typo3-dev] My extended extension (ux_ttproducts) annihilated by installing another extension

Tomasz Moroz stettke at wp.pl
Thu Jan 29 16:09:23 CET 2004

I managed to rescue my site, but at the same time I noticed something odd.
The order of events is as follows:
- I install tt_products - the default shop extension
- I extend the extension, that is:
    I define class ux_tx_ttproducts in file
    typo3conf/ext/tt_products/pi/class.ux_ttproducts.php,
    I activate the class by means of an appropriate assignment ("XCLASS" etc) in localconf.php
- until now, tt_products is seen as a global extension in TYPO3_LOADED_EXT
And if now I clear cache files in typo3conf OR install another extension (which apparently implies the previous), tt_products becomes a LOCAL extension (in TYPO3_LOADED_EXT, but not in the Extension Manager!). As a consequence of this:
- all files are looked for in typo3conf/ext, not typo3/conf
- expected name of the file containing my class is now class.tx_ttproducts.php, not ux_... as before
So a quick way to repair the site is
- change the name of the classfile (ux -> tx),
- include the original tt_products file at the top of my file,
- remove the switch controlling conditional include from localconf.php ("XCLASS"...),
- move all files (ext_typoscript..., gifs, *.php) from the original extension directory (under typo3) to the new one (under typo3conf).
I just still wonder - what went wrong? Was it my mistake at some point (wrong location of my files?) or is it typo3 bug?

"Much health to you", as always

Tomasz M (stettke)

This thread is located in the archive at this URL:
http://typo3.org/1427+M51702715378.0.html