[Typo3-dev] Drop Shadow stretched by blur

Ingmar Schlecht ingmars at web.de
Sat Jan 17 14:16:02 CET 2004

Hi Egil,

Egil Rausner wrote:
> After setting up the new RC1 WAMP package for presentation on the fly on a
> Windows laptop, I've run into some problems with drop shadows on TEXT
> objects (ttf and images in menus).
>
> Check this:
> --- snip, setting up a TEXT obj ---
>    shadow = SHADOW
>    shadow {
>     offset = 3,3
>     color = black
>     blur = 8
>     opacity = 9
>    } # end shadow
> --- snip, ending the TEXT obj ---
>
> Now if I use this with the default installation (only thing I had to change
> was the ttf dpi which was set to "72" by default), I get a stretched drop
> shadow. It seems to be stretched only horizontally times 2. The problem
> seems to lie in blurring the dropshadow. Comment out that line, and things
> work fine, besides giving me a sharp shadow, which isn't pretty...
>
> Has anybody had this error before? Is there a way to fix it, or should it be
> reported as a bug?

It's not a bug of Typo3 but it's something I could improve in my WAMP
package.
I have already prepared a revision of the package containing some
improved image processing configuration and PDF read support, which I'm
going to release calmly later today.

BTW, your post does not belong here, you should've posted it to the
windows install list on http://typo3.org/1452.0.html or the newsgroup
typo3.install.windows on news://news.netfielders.de

- Ingmar