[Typo3-dev] speakinguris, opionion, features

Boris Nicolai bnscs at gmx.de
Thu Jan 15 14:20:18 CET 2004

Hi Jan, Christian, Kasper and everybody else :)
I talked already with Jan and Christian about the speaking uri-ext as
wanted to go on with the development on my own.
But I'm pleased to hear that it is planed to integrate soon the extension
into the core-system.
So, what I wanted/ still want to change is following:
- in the url special chars like german umlaute (ä, ü, ö) have to be
converted.
- Spaces have in the URL to be replaced by placeholders; OK, only my taste,
but I find %20 quite pretty ugly.
- I don't like it, if at the end "index.html" is appended, but something I
could live with
- The last and most important point: If a new rootlevel with a domainrecord
starts, the pathes have to start also at this rootlevel and the rootlevel
itself must not contain any directory
Example what I mean:
typoroot/a/b/c/d/e

typoroot is the very first root of the whole pagetree.
"a" is a domain assigned to, eg. abc.com, and would have to look this:
http://abc.com
"b" would have to look like this: http://abc.com/b/
"c": http://abc.com/b/c/
"d": a new domainrecord 123.org, the path must look like this:
http://123.org
"e": http://123.org/e/

So - please tell me, if you are planing really to do this, and til when,
because I need these features til middle of february. Please tell me also,
espacially Kasper, if I can help you.

cheers boris

Boris Nicolai
IT Director