[Typo3-dev] extending extensions

Carlos Chiari (DE) ccho at dimension-e.net
Wed Jan 14 16:44:31 CET 2004

Hi:

Can we use some sort of global var/array key-value  to know how many times a
class has been "extended"?

1. Instead of

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS["BE"]["XCLASS"]["typo3/class.myclass.php"] =
PATH_typo3conf."class.ux_myclass.php";

in ext_localconf.php, we could use

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS["BE"]["XCLASS"]["typo3/class.myclass.php"][] =
PATH_typo3conf."class.ux_myclass.php";

^^^

Then, at the function makeInstance, we look for this key to find out how
many times the extension has been extended, and do the proper adjustments.

Maybe this could help?

Carlos