[Typo3-dev] extending extensions

Boris Nicolai bnscs at gmx.de
Wed Jan 14 10:41:47 CET 2004

Hi Carlos and Masi,
I tell you my idea how I want to build the quick-and-dirty-workaround.
I was so far not so deep in analysing the source of the whole system, but to
me it seems that all installed extension-classes are by default loaded, and
then the function makeInstance ()
calls these classes. if there is a XCLASS called "ux_".name-of-class, then
the original class is extended by this XCLASS.
that's the point.
IF (!) there is as ux_class, then we have to look in each loaded extension
via the $TYPO3_LOADED_EXT-Array, if another extension extends the
basis-class. if so, then a 3rd extension extends the 2nd and so on. Would be
a recursive function.
the order which ux_class extends which ux_class I would determine by the
last modified-date.

OK, I mean this is maybe quite resource-killing, but what else shall I do?

I hope you understood so far my idea and I would be pleased if you or
somebody else has other ideas and suggestions.

boris