[Typo3-dev] 3.5.0 to 3.6.0 DB Update, win12510->Unicode. How?

=?us-ascii?Q?=22Kasper_Sk=E5rh=F8j=22?= kasper at typo3.com
Mon Jan 12 15:32:06 CET 2004

What Christian mentions is that you must ALWAYS compare the database layout with what any new version of TYPO3 might require. The changes coming with TYPO3 3.6.0 is not that many but there are some.

Seperate from this; if you need to convert the CONTENT in the database to another charset TYPO3 has no tool for that at the moment. So a) either you set up the right charset from the beginning of a project or b) you create a tool to convert charsets (see class t3lib_cs)

God bless

- kasper