[Typo3-dev] TYPo3 3.6.0RC1 and XHTML compliance

Simon Child simondt at gpuk.net
Thu Jan 1 01:45:05 CET 2004

"Simon Child" <simondt at gpuk.net> wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1072916069.23398.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...

> But if I do not set xhtml_cleaning then typo3 (or perhaps the template
> autoparser??) changes some of my closing tags to upper case and so
> validation still fails.

Just tried looking at class.tx_automaketemplate_pi1.php and changed line 133

$endTag = "</".$firstTagName.">";

$endTag = "</".$firstTagName.">";
$endTag=strtolower($endTag);

and all my problems went away - it now validates so long as I switch off
xhtml_cleaning

Summarising:

* xhtml_cleaning breaks xhtml compliance since it corrupts the xmlns and xml
declarations

* tslib/class.tslib_pagegen.php perhaps needs updating to reorder the xml
declaration and to add an xmlns declaration

*  class.tx_automaketemplate_pi1.php is uppercasing the closing tags - looks
like this is coming from t3lib/class.t3lib_parsehtml.php: function
getFirstTagName:

function getFirstTagName($str)  {
   list($tag) =
split('[[:space:]]',substr(strtoupper(trim($this->getFirstTag($str))),1,-1),
2);
   return trim($tag);

I should have thought that should be strlower - why would it need to be
upper-cased? (But if I change it to strtolower then it breaks my site, so
presumably somewhere else is expecting upper case tags?)

--
Simon Child