[Typo3-dev] LPE-some ideas

"Jörg-Alexander Roth [mediaDIALOG]" mail at zeusmedia.de
Wed Feb 25 20:30:15 CET 2004

Re,

> Hi,
>
>> Well, recording or -storing- the changed values since the last
>> publish process won't be that hard. Even if you do some really weird
>> stuff, all changed records will be published. It doesn't matter if
>> you change the tree, add new pages, sort them, upload new images and
>> so on. Every process will be recorded and executed. Sure in some
>> cases it will be difficult to handle it. But for the somewhat dynamic
>> ideas you've got you will get in heavy trouble.
>
> sorry, I don't get your point here :-( I'd really like to, maybe you
> could explain it again?

Well, T3 already got a log where each action is stored. Also the
'history' of a record/page. Just as a thought you are going to use such
a 'feature' to collect all changes and publish it to the live
environment. After the publish process the list will be cleared.

>> Yes, I do get the point. I know about the difficulties updating a
>> menu and so on. Just a thought: SSI. Menu separated from the rest.
>> Doh, that's low-level... :)
>
> I don't want to recode Typo3 or the frontend part of typo3 ;)
> I think before doing this it would be less work to do to create the
> reproach I thought of.
> Sebastian

That's right. But this must be done in order to get a fully featured
blahblah LPE. Speed is just a big matter for medium/big sites. There are
of course several opportunities to optimize server, etc. Like: "Please
publish all changed content 01.00 a.m. every night"

Imho the quickest way is to enhance the publish class of T3. To do this
the best way for T3... well... maybe in a version 4.x.x??? As extension
I don't know...

Regards,

Jörg