[Typo3-dev] TemplaViola - restriction on repeating elements?

Nancy Carroll nancy.carroll at carroll.de
Tue Feb 24 15:20:16 CET 2004

Hello List,

I have been playing with TV now since it first came out - ohhh its a
lovely toy!   Thank you, gentlemen!

I have a client who was sitting in his office last week, happily adding
content to a repeating list (something like the repeating links in Future
Template Building). At the end of the day, he had 60 repeats.  Click over
to the frontend and... nothing. zip. nada .  Just a big whitespace...
Poor boy, I thought he was going to cry on the telephone.

I checked and his content is saved in the database, correctly formatted.
Prima. :-)

Hmmm. Ok. Cool problem!  I made a new content element, and added some new
content (just in case he had copied a cootie out of he excel table) and
everything looked fine.   Up until I added the tenth repeat.

I checked using his data as well, and sure enough, in the frontend his
content looks super-dandy up until node <n10> --> then the content
disappears.

I am wondering if it is possible that there is an (unwanted?) restriction
on repeating elements inside a TemplaViola Container?

I would be happy to forward my DS, TO, and some xml if that would be
helpful, just holler.

TIA
Nancy Carroll