[Typo3-dev] BE extension modules

Simon Child simondt at gpuk.net
Thu Feb 19 00:53:26 CET 2004

I'm going to write some be modules, I want them to be included on the menu
on the left, preferably in a new section created for my collection of
modules.

How do I create a new section and put my modules in it? I have two problems:

1) If (using the kickstarter) I select the option "New Main Module" then I
can create a title for a section on the menu. But it is module in itself,
not just a title (it is a clickable link, which runs the dummy module code).
I just want a title for a section.

2) Having sorted that out, how do I place my modules under that title? (NB I
want non-admin be-users to be able to access these new modules). The
kickstarter doesn't offer the option to put my modules under my new title,
and manually editing conf.php and ext_tables.php doesn't seem to work
either.

Thanks

--
Simon Child