[Typo3-dev] Doctype - XML Prolog

Gordon Mickel g.mickel at mkb.net
Wed Feb 18 21:36:08 CET 2004

Hi Ben

now I'm a bit confused too :)

I checked out the newest CVS version today and noticed the new
config.doctypeSwitch setting (and the title tag for images, yay!!).

It was my understanding, that the xml line has to be completely left out
of the document to solve said problems.

Is there any point in just switching the DOCTYPE Declaration and XML
prolog around? Most web developers just leave it out completely. I could
be wrong here but I think the XML specs specify that the Prolog is
optional, but if it's in there that it should be the before all other
elements...

greetz
gordon