[Typo3-dev] Indexedsearch 2.0

Andreas Otto andreas at php4win.de
Wed Feb 18 14:42:04 CET 2004

Hi Kasper,

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 14:04, "Kasper Skårhøj" wrote:
> ... and it must have saved hundreds of people a lot of time that they
> didn't have to create templates each time they wanted to use Indexed
> Search. I don't find it that weird. Separation of HTML and PHP is not a
> dogma to follow blindly, we should do so only if practical. In this case I
> think it is not (for the majority). But we can vote...

I consider a separation of presentation layer (e. g. HTML) and the logic layer
(e. g. PHP) as very helpful and important.

Why?

Separating between presentation and logic has IMHO the advantage that you
could decide to create different output formats, e. g. XHTML or PDF, by using
one XML source and apply an XSL stylesheet. I haven't played much with XML
and XSL yet but I think it could be interesting to use XML as a standard
"pre-presentation" format in TYPO3 and continue on the presentation layer
side from there.

E. g. automatically generating a newsletter that can be printed and sent via
postal mail instead of eMail depending on what delivery channel the recipient
has chosen during a newsletter registration.

Anyway, these are just some rough and very unorganised thoughts.

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Andreas Otto <andreas at php4win.de>