[Typo3-dev] Access media field via ID/name rather than position

Sacha Vorbeck sachav at gmx.net
Tue Feb 17 14:33:59 CET 2004

Hi,

the media field is very useful to add images/files to pages. Especially
in combination with "slide".

But when you work with more than one image, it is requiered to add the
same amount of images to the media field (or none) to every page as you
can`t address the images properly with position otherwise.

This is why I think it would be a good idea to add an ID property to the
levelmedia ressources.

Then you could do something like:
import = uploads/media/
import.field = media
import.id = topimage

instead of

import.listNum = 0

I hope I could make myself clear.

I guess this could be done with an extension but I don`t know what`s
best practice in this case:

add it as an extension
or
add it to the source