[Typo3-dev] BUG: t3lib_matchcondition: browser

lukas pitschl lukas at dressyvagabonds.com
Mon Feb 16 23:31:54 CET 2004

it's always the same result, i think the problem is that opera appends
its own name only at the end, so it's something like MSIE ... Opera
[Version Nr.]

actually i've found the problem:
the browser is determined by browserInfo($useragent) in
class.t3lib_matchcondition.php

the problem is the function tests the $useragent first against msie. as
lots of browsers have the string msie in their useragent variable, the
script assumes that it's really the msie and the testing stops. the next
step would be to test against opera, but the script stops before that,
so it's determined wrongly.

the function clientInfo in class.t3lib_div.php tests first against opera
and then against the msie, that's the right way to handle it...

the test against msie should be the very last, or before others. i think
that would solve the problem. i patched the thing and now it's working
properly

regards

lukas