[Typo3-dev] Indexedsearch 2.0

=?us-ascii?Q?=22Kasper_Sk=E5rh=F8j=22?= kasper at typo3.com
Mon Feb 16 15:37:08 CET 2004

>Besides, it's just *much* cleaner if the HTML isn't weaved into the PHP
>code. After all, I guess that's why the Typo3-core provides template
>handlers... ;)

No, weaving HTML into PHP and using CSS for styling it is beautiful and very easy to setup quickly. Often I wish that I didn't implement stuff like the message board, guestbook and shop with HTML templates - it simply takes too long to customize those each time and most often I just want to go with the default structure and change the styling with CSS.

Templating is not a goddess to worship for any cost: it should be a method we should use when it helps us. Sometimes it just doesn't and the best way is to hardcode the HTML. Indexed-search is most likely one of these cases.
But of course we can vote for it...
- kasper

"Mange kokke fordærver maden."
"En fugl i hånden er bedre end ti på taget."