[Typo3-dev] DBAL - how to do it?

Stefan Kreisberg, LinkFactory stefan at linkfactory.dk
Mon Feb 16 15:17:19 CET 2004

One could also argument that the current database abstraction layer is
just, as I understand the many comments, going to be as close to std. SQL
as possible. Like with the sub-queries, AFAIK the MySQL Team has
implemented those in 4.x or plan to in 5.somnething - a further
advancement for following the "in my eyes" fairly strict and homogenous
SQL api SQL-92 (or is it 99 now?)

So, IMHO I find such an encapsulationlayer suitable for
high-end-production schemes where huge non-standard enterprise systems
needs to talk to one another, but not for webbrowsing content management
experiences ;-)

5 cents and over...

Cheers,

-Strato, Typo3WannaBee