[Typo3-dev] Indexedsearch 2.0

S. Teuber traveler_in_time at gmx.net
Mon Feb 16 15:12:09 CET 2004

Hi Karsten,

>> If you do, is there any possibility to seperate code and layout? I just
>> "modified" the indexed search engine to suit our layout-needs and it's
>
> What was it that you couldn't do with CSS? I'm just curious...

Various things, including:

- replacing the "submit" button by an image + surpressing the original
submit-button
- placing the "submit"-image below the searchwords-field in an area that
has a different background-color than the area with the textfield
- surpressing the "search for xy"-message (changing the
"searchFor"-indexes in locallang.php doesn't prevent the output of the
actual searchwords)
- creating kind of a "header"-line for a searchresults ("type"-icon |
Linked title | result-percentage | Linked Icon)
- adding some dutted line seperators (although this *might* have been done
by adding background-image-url's to some td-classes, but this caused some
cross-browser-trouble in the past)
- getting rid of the "Advanced Search"-link, I wasn't able to do so by
using TypoScript
- various tweaks resulting from the fact that the overall content isn't
wrapped in a table

Besides, it's just *much* cleaner if the HTML isn't weaved into the PHP
code. After all, I guess that's why the Typo3-core provides template
handlers... ;)

Sven