[Typo3-dev] DBAL - how to do it?

"Kasper Skårhøj" kasper at typo3.com
Sun Feb 15 16:51:38 CET 2004

For everyday that passes by MySQL is becoming more accepted, even in large cooperations.

Recently one of the arguebly largest TYPO3 projects done by a quite huge cooperation announced a revised list of priorities to me:

- Caching management
- Speaking URL
- Static publishing / Syncronization tools
- TemplaVoila being finished
- Versioning
- Localization improvements
- LDAP integration / SSO
- Workflow

A year ago they asked for DBAL. This has specifically been turned down because it doesn't add a single practical feature to TYPO3 itself and the requirement was only political.

Puts things into perspective...

God bless

- kasper