[Typo3-dev] Forcing Cache, how?

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Fri Feb 13 08:12:39 CET 2004

Hi Michael,

Michael H.E. Roth schrieb am 13.02.2004 um 00:15 Uhr CET

> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently working on an extension which randomly selects content
> which will be fetched from another server via soap, which is pretty
> time-consuming. Now it is not important that the content really
> changes everytime the page is hit. It would be sufficient if the
> content would change, say, on an hourly basis. So, how do I force the
> content to be cached, an only if it's older than 60 minutes be redone.
> Currently, it's recalculated everytime even though I'm using the
> oObj-method substituteMarkerArrayCached.
>
> What am I missing here?

What type of CObject are you using USER or USER_INT?
So far I still lack the real understanding of the cache-system but there
is some options in TLO .config
http://typo3.org/doc.0.html?&tx_extrepmgm_pi1[extUid]=270&tx_ext
re pm gm_pi1[tocEl]=338&cHash=6a7c6eecbb

Also the cache-period can be set on a per PAGE basis.

Maybe that is useful for you.

Cheers,
PeterN
--