[Typo3-dev] SetGroupID vs ACL

Martin Klaus klausm at in.tum.de
Sat Feb 7 16:16:11 CET 2004

Hi Martin

> > If more folks have a need to have a very fine grained access control
> > I vote for implementing access control lists (ACL).
>
> Me too. Would be cool.

The current user/group/world unix-style access model is way limited if
you have to manage lots of Editors/Groups wich should get different rights
for updating, adding Content to a page. So i definitly vote for ACL's.

> > I'm not sure if it's possible to just add them on top of the existing
> > system. If not, they are a nice goal for 4.0 :-)
>
> That's where I'm a bit concerned indeed. I guess a lot of hooks (API's)
> have to be created by Kasper for this, and we need a completely new
> Access-module.
>
> But it IS a good idea!
> I'll colaborate!

I'll colaborate too.

Get in contact with René Fritz. He has already started to collect Ideas
how the current Typo3 Access Model could be extended by ACL's.

greets,
MartinK