[Typo3-dev] SetGroupID vs ACL

Martin Kutschker Martin.T.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Fri Feb 6 13:46:25 CET 2004

Hi!

I understand the needs for an enhanced authorization system. SetGID and SetUID have been in Unix for a long time, though that doesn't mean they are the very best ways to do things. They are quite "hackish", not easily understood, easily misused.

If more folks have a need to have a very fine grained access control I vote for implementing access control lists (ACL). I'm not sure if it's possible to just add them on top of the existing system. If not, they are a nice goal for 4.0 :-)

Masi