[Typo3-dev] Placement of new main BE module

Christian Melchior christian at ilios.dk
Thu Feb 5 19:02:55 CET 2004

Hi all

I'm in the process of developing af new backend module (ala Web or Tool),
but I don't seem to be able to choose the position of the module in the
BE-menu. (I would like it to be in the top above the "Web"-module.)

Inside the Extension Kickstarter you have a option under "Backend modules",
which is called "Position in module menu?" and there it is possible to
select "Top" - which I thought was what I was looking for - but apperently
setting this has no effect ???.

As far as I can tell the order of modules is set in
typo3/t3lib/stddb/tables.php ($TBE_MODULES) ....but hardcoding the array
here just doesn't seem right (and also destroys the idea of an extension),
so I was wondering if anybody knows how it is possible to tell a main module
that it should appear first in the module menu?.

hope somebody can help,
Christian