[Typo3-dev] [Typo3] lz_phpbb status anouncement

Luite van Zelst luite at aegee.org
Thu Feb 5 15:25:07 CET 2004

******* crossposting from t3.english ********

Hi all,

having been absent from this list, I felt like it's time to raise a issue:

over the past few months I got a lot of email concerning phpbb (lz_phpbb
extension). "what's phpbb status" or "when's it finished".

although I had honest desire to really finish the extension, I feel I
should finally face facts: I won't get around to finishing the stable
version on my own any time soon.

--> latest version is fairly stable. download available (see below)
--> the extension is undefinitely on hold
--> the extension is up for help/adoption
--> "support" exclusively for adopting developer.

so I need help. how?
I've got a fairly stable version of the extension (most bugs fixed,
security patches from latest phpbb version) which I can offer as a tgz.
as a special bonus, you can get a sql-dump of the phpbb-related tables.
the tgz includes the basic subSilver design and a special typo3 design
by Netcreators.
you can do this:
*) cut out irrelevant sql data, and add the relevant sql data (styles
data) to the extension's static sql file.
*) cut out any superflous debug() calls this in the code.
*) put together the extensions' t3x file, check that it installs ok on a
clean system.
*) write a conversion script to convert other phpbb-databases to the
lz_phpbb table structure within a typo3 database (some people stated to
be working on this... had any luck?)
*) essential: update the manual. test the extension for possible
upgrading issues from older extension version(s)
*) avatar-issues have not been fully solve (i think). you can solve it.

here's the tgz:
http://www.aegee-utrecht.nl/fileadmin/t3dev/lzphpbb-beta1.tgz

here's the sql-dump (don't use this at home!):
http://www.aegee-utrecht.nl/fileadmin/t3dev/lzphpbb-beta1.sql.gz

please, if you use this tgz for any other purpouses than extension
development, don't mail me with support questions. proper bugs reports
are very welcome, but state "bug report" and don't expect a quick answer
(because I hope to pass them to the developer who adopts lz_phpbb)

so please, email me if you'd also like to see the extension finished AND
are willing to put time in yourself! help me keep this thing alive!

regards,
Luite van Zelst