[Typo3-dev] Mirroring typo3.org etc.

Rutger Meekers rutger at akku.be
Thu Feb 5 13:17:50 CET 2004

> Hi Rutger,
>
> Rutger Meekers schrieb am  5.02.2004 um 45:10 Uhr CET
>
> > Steffen,
> >
> > this is a very good idea.
> > There are free (open-source) toolstomirror site's on a very efficient
> > way. So I don't think that would be the problem.
> >
> > If you like, I can ask a friend of me, he's a system administrator and
> > he's working with those tools.
>
> please go ahead. personally I would like to know how others solve this
> non-trivial issue.

i discussed with some people, and i was wrong about that mirror tool, it's
only used for local mirrors in the same datacenter.
but they said that rsync is no problem, because when de whole site is
mirrored once, rsync will only tranfer the files that are changed. so this
reduces useless traffic. php.net uses also rsync to keep theirs mirrors up
to date, and we are talking over lot's of mirrors and huge db's.