[Typo3-dev] Mirroring typo3.org etc.

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Thu Feb 5 02:08:14 CET 2004

Hi,

Christoph Moeller schrieb am  4.02.2004 um 19:23 Uhr CET

> Karsten Dambekalns schrieb:
>
> > As far as I can tell (without knowing about the actual setup of the
> > T3 server), a combination of rsync and MySQL replication should make
> > it possible to sync a 'master' machine to a few 'clients'. This
> > should even (except for the initial sync) be relatively harmless in
> > terms of traffic.
> > Any ideas? I have thought this more than once, but never came to a
> > solution that is transparent from the end-user perspective...
>
> A master-slave setup could indeed work, if there weren't the
> interactive FE elements on typo3.org (comments, ...). These would need
> to be disabled on the slaves in order to prevent redundance and
> inconsistency.
>
> But you can't run this non-interactive setup due to needed
> functionality, f.ex. in TER (download counter, ...). This data needs
> to stay in sync on all mirrors, having the authoritative data on the
> master machine.

afair(never came close to using it yet) mysql master-slave is capable of
transparent switching master-slave constellation even with resynching?
At least that's what I think I read in the feature-list. ;)

well It might not be easy but it would be really nice to have at least a
small little Static HTML, that states the causes of the problem and an
approximate end. That way one at least knows what is going on without
just fetching an empty page.

Cheers,
PeterN
--