[Typo3-dev] XML import?

Ingmar Schlecht ingmars at web.de
Wed Feb 4 20:57:49 CET 2004

Hi Paul,

Paul Bernard wrote:
> I'm evaluating a few open source CMS candidates for a site, and Typo3
> looks like a potential match. But I haven't yet found documentation on
> importing existing documents, other than by pasting content into the
> Rich Text Editor. In particular, I'm curious if Typo3 can import XML
> containing mixed content; that is text with inline tags (and not just
> XHTML tags).

Yes, there's an extension written by the Core programmers that does
pretty much what you want, it imports XML office documents.
Since there's no official W3C standard for documents like that, it just
implements the OpenOffice Writer SXW (zipped XML) as well as the XML
format of MS Word and Excel 2003.

You can find the extension at:
http://typo3.org/1383.0.html?&tx_extrepmgm_pi1[mode]=99&tx_extrepmgm_pi1[showUid]=848

cheers,