[Typo3-dev] Small suggestion/request for the next release

S. Teuber traveler_in_time at gmx.net
Tue Feb 3 16:45:46 CET 2004

Hi Typo-Developers,

as the topic says... :)

with the next Typo-Release, is it possible to change
media/scripts/jsfunc.layermenu.js

line 118:
window.setTimeout("GL_timeout_func();",200);

to:
gltimeout = window.setTimeout("GL_timeout_func();",200);

(or something similar)?

Reason:
Since the Event is not named in the current version, it's not possible to
"capture" it in order to redirect it to a modified version of
GL_timeout_func() that adds some more features (requested by a customer).
Would it be named, "capturing" it were an easy task of clearing the
gltimeout and setting a new one, pointing to whatever funtion is needed.

"Why don't you just change the function in jsfunc.layermenu.js, dude?"

Well, simple: since the media-folder is located in the
typo3_src-directory, it get's overwritten when upgrading to a new version
of Typo3. So, after an upgrade, I'd need to re-copy the modified version
of the file over the new release (thus loosing all changes/improvements
that might have been done in the file). It's not what I name "clean
upgrade". ;)

The requested change would be a very small step for the Dev-Team
(especially since it will be fully compatible and wont change the default
behaviour of the jsmenus at all), but a giant leap for me. ;)

Is there any chance that this will happen?

Sven