[Typo3-dev] SetGroupID for pages

Jörg Roth mail at zeusmedia.de
Mon Feb 2 23:52:19 CET 2004

Re,

well, I can't imagine how your structure is set up. But I do know how
universities are divided into faculties and courses of studies. We're
working also for a german university and there are also a lot of backend
users and even more pages. But at each faculty there's a bunch of
editors, administrators, site builders and so on. So for each branch of
people exists a corresponding backend usergroup which are split up into
the course of study. Based on this courses the site tree is build. If
you set the mentioned conditions according to the groupid's, everything
should be fine.

You can use those conditions to set it for each branch of the site.
Another possibility is to define for each entry branch a +ext setting
the groupid. This one works also for all pages beneath.

Let's say you got a structure like this:

- root
  - latest
  - about
  - courses of studies
    - architecture (id 5)
      - information
      - data sheet
      - access conditions
        - site 1
        - another site
        - and so on
    - mechanics
    - mechanical engineering

So if you're setting the condition for [PID(up)inRootline=5] to the
groupid, all pages beneath will carry it along. Same as you define a
+ext for architecture.

So if  TestUser creates a page below architecture he will become the
owner. If you set SomeGroup in TS it will be set for the page. If you
are going to define global users, you are also able to set their id's
and permissions. But I don't see any needs for that.

Got me?

Regards,

Jörg