[Typo3-dev] SetGroupID for pages

Martin Poelstra martin at beryllium.net
Mon Feb 2 11:43:26 CET 2004

Hi List,

For a site we're building we need the possibility to have something like the SetGroupID-bit in Unix (e.g. chmod g+s foo).
Say, we have the following setup:

We have a page FirstPage, owned by AdminUser, group SomeGroup, writeable for the admin and group. There is also a user TestUser with maingroup TestGroup, but also a member of SomeGroup.

Now, when TestUser creates a page below FirstPage, the page and group are set to TestUser/TestGroup, with the default permissions as defined with TypoScript. However, what we want is that the page is created with owner TestUser, group SomeGroup, the user-permissions from TypoScript and the group-permissions from FirstPage. That is, IF the 'SetGroupID-bit' is set on FirstPage is set.

I don't think this functionality is currently provided by Typo (or is it?), so I was wondering if anyone has done something like this before, and if not I'll have to create an extension for it. This means I'll have to extend class.t3lib_tcemain.php, so maybe it would be better if Kasper provides some API here (or even includes it in the core)?

Thanks,
Martin