[Typo3-dev] Typo3 as Flash CMS

Ingmar Schlecht ingmars at web.de
Tue Aug 31 22:26:08 CEST 2004

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Borg wrote:
> Hi all and Ingmar (who is the king)

That's nice. ;-)

> Yeah I manage  to add some more content types (surprisingly enough by poking
> around where
> it said "add more content here"). So I added to the setup.txt in static
> folder of xml content rendering.

It would be nice if you could document that in the wiki:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Ext_xml_contentrendering

> But how would one do when a menu object itself is part of the page content
> of
> a subpage?

Didn't think about that yet, however, I guess you can do that by doing
something like:

xmlcontent.menu <= lib.xmlmenu

> Im thinking there are many usages of the menu  object...

That's why I put it into a reusable object called "lib.xmlmenu".

> Ingmar wrote:
>
>>>Just configure the media field to accept SWF files and use it for that
>>>purpose.
>

> Masi wrote:
>
>>Good idea.
>>But you'd have to set the swf-file for every page.

No, you could do something like "get the value of the media field from
the closest page in the rootline having a non-empty media field".
You can do nice things like that using getText (see datatype
documentation in the TSRef).

>>Look at the TCA-configuration of that field with the
>>"Tools->Configuration" module in the Backend.
>

> Can I make the config tool editable? Been digging around more...
> trying to change it by adding it in the list for media files in
> sysext/cms/ext_tables.php
> but no luck.

Have a look at the extension date2datetime from Mathias Schreiber.
That extension does basically nothing but changing the TCA configuration
of a field.
You can take that extension as an example.

cheers,
Ingmar