[Typo3-dev] please discuss: TYPO3 needs a more flexibel data storage

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Tue Aug 31 12:07:08 CEST 2004

Robert Fink wrote:

>>You're free to recreate the text element as a plugin. That plugin could
>>use any format you like. If you're satisfied with your plguign
>>hack/scrap the content element wizard, so that no old-style text
>>elements appear.
>
> I know i can do that.
> My intention was to make people generally reconsider the way T3 creates the
> content. If you compare it to more modern approches like Apache Cocoon e.g.
> you will clearly see what i mean.

I tried to read some of the extremly OO-ified Apache projects. While I
do OO-stuff and like XML, I couldn't understand the huge number of
abstraction layers that were presented. Creating a "simple site" would
have cost me two month to understand the whole stuff.

Anyway, things can be done with XML without being to complicated. OTOH,
your approach is very radical. I think we would end up with abandoning
tt_content altogether. This has been BTW even been suggested before -
read the TODO-file in the sources!

Masi