[Typo3-dev] Hook for picture upload?

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Tue Aug 31 10:22:30 CEST 2004

Juergen Egeling wrote:
> Hello,
> a client wants to have the EXIF informations in a databse, so that he
> can search for it. My idea was it, to put them indo some data field
> when the pictures are uploaded. Remembering it correctly I need a
> hook for that.
> Anyout out there who could give me a hint?

No, but I was musing on a general "upload hook" for all uploads. The
idea is that the Core and all extensions use one central functionality
to upload files. Within this code there would be hooks or filters that
could do all kind of stuff: extract data, index data, deny file upload
because of restrictions on file extension, mime type or file content.

AFIK there are functions in t3lib_div that handle file upload, ie they
deal with moving/copying from the PHP upload area to the Typo3 temp
area. Dunno if that's enough, as perhaps some code might not want to
move the file to the temp area.

Masi