[Typo3-dev] user_int / user: mystery

Sabine Deeken sabine.deeken at web.de
Mon Aug 30 11:42:51 CEST 2004

Hi list

I had some problem with a textbox-extension which seems quite mysterical to me:
first my textbox-content was parsed when I saved and looked (still logged in) and disappeared after I logged out.

finally I found a good hint in the main list archive to change my plugin to user_int.
I changed this and it made my extension running - very good, but

the side-effect was that the indexed-search did not find the content any more, and as I had a very similar extension running fine that was "USER", I changed it back to
plugin.tx_whatever_pi1 = USER

now the big mystery: it still works, even when I'm logged out.
nice and good, but I'd like to understand why, someway.

I'm still using 3.5....

so if anybody knows this would make me sleep much more peaceful...

- Sabine Deeken (sabined)