[Typo3-dev] problem with JS escape() and UTF-8 (on IE)

Toni Milovan tmilovan at efpu.hr
Sat Aug 28 04:10:36 CEST 2004

On Sub, 2004-08-28 at 12:47, Martin T. Kutschker wrote:
> Which is fine as a workaround. But IMHO we should decide which browsers
> to support for charsets different from iso-8859-1/windows-1252. That is
> if we cannot find a generak solution.

Well I have to strongly dissagree.

I really believe there should be supported all charsets for which there
is language in typo3 on all major browsers: Mozilla, Opera, IE, major
mac ones. Otherwise typo3 can be rendered unusable in that language.

I know unicode can replace allmost anything, but there can be other
restrictions on codepage usage such as when client have all their other
web sites on praticular codepage and specially requests some win
codepage for example.

Cheers,

Toni