[Typo3-dev] problem with JS escape() and UTF-8 (on IE)

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Fri Aug 27 09:53:43 CEST 2004

Stanislas Rolland wrote:
> I modified getUpdateJS for the needs of extension sr_feuser_register:

I see that you have modified the decoding part. Where does the data for
getUpdateJS come from? I mean is it PHP or JS generated?

I ask because IE also has problems with escape() and not only unescape().

 > However, the form does not work with a charset such as windows-1250.

Did the original function work without windows-1250? In this case
perhaps a further condition might be needed to use decodeURIComponent
only for UTF-8.

Masi