[Typo3-dev] Pop-up in FE... how to?

Thorsten Kahler thorsten.kahler at dkd.de
Thu Aug 26 10:30:13 CEST 2004

Hi Stig,

I think it would be a good design to have your address list as a different
plugin. Insert this plugin in a "not in menu" page and link to it via
typolink. Since 3.6 there's the option to let typolink generate a link to
a popup window when the "parameter" and "JSwindow_params"[1] are set right.

Btw, in consideration of accessiblity it would be better to have a url in
the href attribute than just a "#". But that's rathe a feature request for
bugs.typo3.org :-)

Regards,
Thorsten

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:38:29 +0200, Stig N. Jepsen <stig at 8620.dk> wrote:

> I want to accomplish something like the Element Browser popup.
> But instead it should be some sort of a phone/addressbook.
>
> I don't know which way to go from here...
> Is it possible to somehow open a popup displaying a custom templatefile
> for the extension still maintaining the contact to class of the

[1]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/typolink/