[Typo3-dev] S: Sponsoring Windows authentification in TYPO3

Hans J. Martin hans-jakob.martin at gmx.net
Thu Aug 26 09:58:40 CEST 2004

..just forgot the third way:
If you don't have an instance for auth, a solution would be to just crypt
the plaintext stored pw from fe_users the same way as the ie does in NTLM.
Maybe there do exist some classes for this right now - haven't found them
last year (when coded this). Has anybody done a encryption class? It would
be a task of just a few hours then to make a reliable extension for sso!

Rgds,
Hans
"Hans J. Martin" <hans-jakob.martin at gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1093506307.13377.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi Juergen!
>
> Auth for IE intranet uses NTLM.
> The protocoll is easy to understand as they are just 'abusing' the http -
> and we don't need any apache modules or something else:
> I have already done half the way - I can get the encoded password of the
> logged in user, crypted with given credentials. Unfortunatly I haven't had
> the time to figure out how to decode this :-)
>
> There are some options to build a workaround:
> 1. make our auth module behave like a proxy between the client and some
> instance, e.g. samba, NT Server or s.th. else, which can auth the user
with
> NTLM. Most applications do it in this way.
>
> 2. store the crypted password in the fe_user table - so the user will have
> to auth the first time he logs in with e.g. a plain text password stored
in
> fe_user or against an ldap or s.th else (not NTLM able auth). Our module
> generated the crypted password and stores this one in the fe_user table.
The