[Typo3-dev] Typo3 as Flash CMS

Daniel Brün dbruen at saltation.de
Thu Aug 26 09:07:57 CEST 2004

Hi folks!

Andreas Borg wrote:
> Has anyone experimented with flash remoting and typo3
> (http://www.amfphp.org/)?
> I haven't but I guess that using that one could do away with the xml layer
> between flash and a cms
> altogether. Does anyone know what functions could be made available that
> way?

We've accomplished a pretty huge project using amfphp and flash. I have
often thought about making an amfphp-extension for typo3, but have not
had the time yet.
Basically one wants a couple of relevant functions to be accessible via
flash remoting (maybe like get_tree(), get_content_element(), ...).
It should not be too hard a task to achieve this. If you want to try
coding it, I can at least give you some amfphp example code (and some
pitfalls).
I would definitely prefer this approach over all the xml-parsing-stuff!
It's much cleaner and -no parsing required- much faster on client-side.

Cheers,
Dan.