[Typo3-dev] Mailing list vs. Newsgroups

Lyle E. Dodge lyle.dodge at wwc.edu
Thu Aug 26 05:20:43 CEST 2004

Typo3-dev group,

This is a general question about the various Typo3 Mailing Lists and the Typo3 Newsgroups hosted by
netfielders.de.

I prefer to read and post messages via the newsgroup interface (versus receiving each mail to the
list in my regular Inbox).  I am also subscribed to the typo3-dev mailing list...I thought that was
required that I be subscribed to post to the mailing list via the newsgroup interface.  Is this
correct?

If so is there an easy way to post to the newsgroups but _not_ receive the mail from the mailing
list?  Essentially I want to suppress regular mail delivery to me from the typo3-dev mailing list
but still be permitted to post to the mailing list.  I suppose I can delete the messages destined
for my inbox with a rule but it seems a waste to have mailman send it out, only to delete it.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Please pardon me if I've missed something obvious.  :) Thanks!

Lyle E. Dodge lyle.dodge at wwc.edu
Walla Walla College Web Services
(509) 527-2488 || (509) 386-5959