[Typo3-dev] S: Sponsoring Windows authentification in TYPO3

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Wed Aug 25 17:07:58 CEST 2004

Juergen Egeling wrote:
> Hallo,
> On the backend users should get authenticated and than be able
> to behave as a BE user, that belongs to a certain group.
> I found LDAP authentification, but our client wants it to
> be implemented in the way, that logged in Windows users, do not
> have to authenticate again. The (new) TYPO3 authentification
> process should notice this automatically.

 From the eu_ldap FAQ:

* How does the SSO integration work?

For single sign on the user's password is encrypted and cached, the key
is stored in a cookie. Just tick the checkbox in the extension's settings.

Try and see if it works for you. Though I don't think there is a logout
feature for SSO in eu_ldap.

To implement the "logout" you'd have to set a explicitely a cookie that
would prevent SSO auto-login. Hehe, quite a weird logic ;-)

Masi