[Typo3-dev] Postgresql compatibility

Karsten Dambekalns k.dambekalns at fishfarm.de
Mon Aug 23 12:13:59 CEST 2004

Hi,

On 2004-08-22, Ries van Twisk <typo3 at rvt.dds.nl> wrote:
> http://preview.fishfarm.de/dbal/
> and downloaded the tx_dbal from CVS
>>From here I don't really understand how to match things up:
> For example, what do I do with:  TYPO3core.DBAL.20040806.tar.bz2 ????

As has already been said, this is a core package, just as downloadable
for releases. It even contains the global extensions, so you just have
to replace it for the core in an existing setup - or use it with a
dummy package.

> Also de PDF mentioned does not really say which files to use

Well, it doesn't deal with installing TYPO3, that's why. :) The text
on the dowload page for the DBAL stuff says it's a core package, I had
hoped this would be sufficient. I'm open for suggestions on how to
improve this, of course!

Karsten