[Typo3-dev] RFE: Remove profile data from images

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Mon Aug 16 23:56:48 CEST 2004

Hi Karsten,

> I today had to fight images not showing on MSIE under
> Windows. Pfff. It turned out that the problem was caused by MSIE
> choking on XML data embedded into a profile block of the JPEG files
> (Photoshop 7 on MacOS X does this).

This is a bug that only happens on IE with files generated by Photoshop that
were not "optimized for web use".

> Running all images through
>  jpegtran -copy none
> fixed the problem.

Since the bug is fixed in latest IE versions (I think I did read this
somewhere) it is IMHO not worth to add such a switch.

Would it make sense to simply create an extension of it?

Cheers, michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html