link checker - Re: [Typo3-dev] singletons instead of pre-loaded objects

Martin T. Kutschker Martin-no5pam-Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Fri Aug 13 22:01:39 CEST 2004

Leendert Brouwer wrote:
> "Wolfgang Klinger" <wolfgang at stufenlos.net> wrote in message
> news:mailman.73.1092323218.12086.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
>
>> *hiya!*
>>
>> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Karsten Dambekalns wrote the following:
>>
>>>Anyway, end of thread!?
>>>

>> One last thing...
>> I would like to see an extension from Leendert
>> (haven't found anything in the ext rep), just as an example...
>>

> That's because none of it is public :) (I was making a link checker but ran
> into the problem that I couldn't run it from a cron, searched for
> alternatives, ran out of time, left it at that).

Perhaps you publish it and somebody else will step in. A link checker
will probably a very popular extension!

As for cron, IMHO Typo3 would benefit from some master-wrapper for CLI
tasks. Link checking, sendin mass mails, session expiry (!). I imagine
something like index.php but without all the output stuff.

Masi