[Typo3-dev] Save the icon?

Jan-Erik Revsbech jer at moccompany.com
Fri Aug 13 08:57:53 CEST 2004

It has come to my attention (Thanks Kasper) that one of the reasons to keep
the Web->plugin extension and have sub modules to this, is that the icon
looks cool:) I completely agree on this, but perhaps this is not reason
enough to keep it?

What is your thoughts on starting to phase out this extension? The first
thing would be to rewrite all the extensions that actually depends on it and
use it. I will myself start to rewrite the direct_mail extension so that the
BE module is a module in itself, and not a submodule of web->plugins.

Which other extension uses the web->plugin, and is anyone willing to work on
rewrite them either as a submodule of some other module, or as a BE module
in itself?

/Jan-Erik