[Typo3-dev] singletons instead of pre-loaded objects

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Thu Aug 12 20:27:03 CEST 2004

Hi,

Leendert Brouwer [Netcreators] schrieb am 12.08.2004 um 15:06 Uhr CEST

[OO-vs "classic" Design "patterns"]
> > So the bottom line is:
> > - TYPO3s core will not change fundamentally.
> > - New extensions *could* introduce more modern designs internally,
> > but this depends on the developers of those extensions. (This is
> > "possibility-land" - go, inhabit it!)
>
> My own extensions are fully OO. Some even have accompanying unit tests
> and so on. I run into trouble when I have to override core behaviour,
> or try to find out things, or when I need to learn things about the
> system. It's just hard because for me, the architecture is not
> intuitive. But we already discussed that.

any examples available?

Cheers,
Peter

P.S.: To me this discussion has been very "fruitful" as I like all the
ideas about OOD, Patterns and would like to use some of them(as needed)
as well. (if anyone interested I have UML-Modell in XMI Format with all
TYPO3-classes available, working on some more UML based Documentation
of TYPO3).
--
Peter Niederlag
*** Typo3 und IT-Dienstleistungen ***