[Typo3-dev] RFC: New access control options

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.nl
Wed Aug 11 21:34:43 CEST 2004

Rafael Schär wrote:

> Leendert Brouwer [Netcreators] wrote:
>
>>  > I am coincident in opinion, we all know this concept.
>>
>>> Normally a CE won't see anything, so I want to allow explicitly , what
>>> he can use.
>>> A CE more or less uses the same kind of rights, but the numbers of used
>>> plugins vary in quantity.
>>>
>>> May you could implement something like a profile presets? Or a way to
>>> copy-paste rights? makes this sense?
>>

>> Do you mean role based ACL's perhaps?
>>

> yes I do, some how,... ;-)
> ... I didn't know the exact term

Hi All,

I don't know how roles are used in other CMS-es, but it might make sense to
be able to define some roles like templates I can imagine. That way you
could easily pick some preset for a user.

gRTz

ben
--
netcreators :: creation and innovation
www.netcreators.nl - www.typo3.nl

"If you have received a precise and workable reply to your question, you are
obligated to give something back...please log onto typo3.org and create an
FAQ or HOWTO from the thread (just open the thread and click the "make FAQ
or HOWTO" link), so everyone else can benefit from the knowledge that you
just gained!"