[Typo3-dev] Extending the fe_users table

Stig N. Jepsen stig at 8620.dk
Wed Aug 11 17:14:52 CEST 2004

>>> I would suggest that we extend fe_users with some new fields.
>>> I think that fe_users lacks some important fields like mobilephone,
>>> sex and birthday.
>>
>> I would prefer the fe_users table to have a relation to the
>> tt_address table and store all the data like mobilephoen etc in
>> tt_address.

But why?
Wouldn't it be just as easy to keep all the data of tt_address in
fe_users?
It would be easier to access the data.

>> If the be_users table had a relation to tt_address as well, it would
>> also become more easy to handle persons that are both, FE and BE
>> users.

Couldn't we just make a relation to the fe_users table instead?

> I think fields like sex/salutation (this is what I also miss in
> fe_users) and birth date in the tt_address table wouldn't be at the
> right place there, I'd prefer to keep this data with fe_users.
>
> But if there would be a relation to tt_address all adress data fields
> in fe_users IMHO should be removed, otherwise this could cause a lot
> of confusion...

Again, why would we have two tables?

> BTW, does anybody know what's the reason for only having one "name"
> field and not splitting in firstname/lastname? IMHO this would be
> better for ordering and stuff like that.

I agree on this one too, though it's still possible to order through
mysql, it's just a little more complex.

/Stig