[Typo3-dev] singletons instead of pre-loaded objects

Wolfgang Klinger wolfgang at stufenlos.net
Wed Aug 11 14:17:51 CEST 2004

 *hiya!*

 On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Leendert Brouwer [Netcreators] wrote the following:
> > And eventually "There is something real to gain." - you didn't show
> > convincingly what that was.
>
> I didn't convince you, maybe. But then, you're not into OO much, as you
> said, so maybe that's the reason why I can't convince you.

 It's a very interesting thread, but (as many) it will fall into
 oblivion and won't have any impact on further development.
 (it can't if you are honest, it's too big by now...)

 All the classes in Typo3 are more like "Namespaces" than real classes.
 (that's my impression)

 Maybe you can convince Kasper by refactoring/rewriting from scratch e.g.
 the user authentication classes... what do you think?
 (You have no time to do that, right? I know.. we all had our famous
 5 minutes here and suggested this and suggested that, but without
 funding (money) little gets done... no offence meant) ;-(

 Anyway I enjoyed reading ;-)
 Thanks for the links and articles...
 here are some more you may find interesting
 (if you are a PHPOOPer ;-)):
    - http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/
    - http://phppatterns.com/
    - http://wact.sourceforge.net/